The Best Web Content Management Software
HubSpot and WordPress rank at the top of G2 Crowd’s list comparing platforms to create, edit, and publish digital content.
Businesses and marketers who do not have coding skills rely on web content management systems to publish their digital content. There are a number of different products available, so how do you choose which one is best for your business?
G2 Crowd is a popular business software review site that allows users to rate their experiences with different products to help others make better purchasing decisions. It has leveraged hundreds of user reviews and analyzed market-share data to create a rankings grid for web content management systems. Products with 10 or more reviews are ranked and placed into one of four categories:
- Leaders offer web content management products that are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial scale, market share, and global support and service resources.
- High Performers provide products that are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the vendors in the Leader category.
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but their products have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate their products.
- Niche products do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate their success.
The top 10 web content management systems, with their score and category, are as follows:
1) HubSpot (89, Leader)
HubSpot is an inbound marketing software company that helps businesses transform their marketing from outbound (cold calls, email spam, trade shows, TV ads, etc) lead generation to inbound lead generation enabling them to “get found” by more potential customers in the natural course of the way they shop and learn.
2) WordPress (86, Leader)
WordPress.org is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. They like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
3) Drupal (67, Leader)
Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications.
4) Kenitco (61, High Performer)
Delivering more out-of-the-box functionality than other systems, Kentico makes enterprise-grade, integrated marketing manageable and affordable for businesses of all sizes.
5) Joomla (59, High Performer)
Joomla is a content management system (CMS), which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications.
6) Ingeniux CMS (50, High Performer)
Ingeniux CMS is an enterprise content management platform designed to manage the persuasive web. Easy one-click editing, personalized content, software-as-a-service delivery options, and 100% ASP.NET MVC.
7) Crownpeak (48, Higher Performer)
Crownpeak is the only cloud-first Digital Experience Management (DXM) platform with native Digital Quality Management (DQM). The result is easier, faster and more cost-efficient digital experiences for Marketing and IT teams and their customers.
8) Clickability (46, High Performer)
Clickability helps businesses succeed in a dynamic and competitive environment through internet-scale solutions integrated into a global platform.
9) Evoq Content (46, High Performer)
Evoq Content is DNN’s commercially licensed Content Management System (CMS).
10) idev CMS (44, High Performer)
idev CMS is here to make your life easier. Period. Gone are the days of looking at source code and trying to figure out how to format your website content. With the idev CMS, which is at the core of nearly every Americaneagle.com-built website, your website maintenance headaches will dissolve.
To learn more about the rankings grid, methodology, and the programs, visit G2 Crowd’s website.
- Drive Traffic and Conversions through Review Sites
- Supply Chain: HubSpot Software Can Boost Revenue by 72%
- Search Marketing Can Increase Web Traffic