Listening alert: New supply chain podcast from DC Velocity
As the popularity of podcasts grows, DC Velocity premieres a new supply chain podcast — Logistics Matters.
Our blog posts on supply chain podcasts consistently get a lot of views. Now, we can share news of another addition to the growing lineup of listen-worthy talks.
Logistics Matters With DC Velocity is a brand-new supply chain podcast designed to help logistics and supply chain professionals keep up with the most recent developments in this fast-changing industry. Considering the recent global disruption, there’s hardly a better time to add this insightful commentary to your list of podcasts.
At the mic, we find the editors of DC Velocity magazine: Editorial Director David Maloney, Senior News Editor Ben Ames, and Senior Editor Victoria Kickham. Every Friday, they post a new episode tackling the latest news and trends that supply chain professionals should understand to make informed decisions and stay abreast of the competition.
Logistics Matters With DC Velocity also invites industry experts to share their take on the issues that are driving conversations in distribution center management, freight transportation, material handling, and more.
There's a new addition to the growing lineup of listen-worthy supply chain podcasts: Logistics Matters With DC Velocity tackles all the issues you need to stay ahead of the competition. Click To Tweet
Timely topics kick off new supply chain podcast
And this new supply chain podcast is off to a strong start with a range of timely topics. Take a look:
- What to watch out for in the United States-Mexico-Canada agreement — with David Henry of GlobalTranz.
- Keeping material handling equipment safe and sanitized — with Ken Raycroft of Briggs Equipment.
- Racism faced by Black delivery drivers — with Dr. Terry Esper, associate professor of logistics at the Ohio State University’s Fisher College of Business.
- Investments in logistics technology companies amid the pandemic.
- National Forklift Safety Day — with Brian Feehan of the Industrial Truck Association.
- IT infrastructure problems revealed by Covid-19.
- Martin McVicar of Combilift on how the company has adjusted its manufacturing operations and customer contacts in light of the pandemic.
- How layoffs are disproportionately affecting the logistics sector.
- How truck drivers are being shown a little love in the form of higher pay.
Easy listening wherever you are
Just like podcasts in general — they now number a staggering 850,000 — supply chain podcasts have grown in popularity in recent years, spurred by increased smartphone use and the ease they let you absorb new information. Some, like Talking Logistics, founded in 2015, and the Inbound Logistics Podcast, founded in 2016, are veterans in the group. Others, like The Digital Supply Chain podcast, premiered last year. But, clearly, there’s even more to say.
Logistics Matters With DC Velocity is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Podcasts, iHeart Radio, and many other platforms, as well as at dcvelocity.com/podcasts. DC Velocity’s new supply chain podcast is produced by AGiLE Business Media, a leading publisher of business content for logistics, material handling, and supply chain executives.
It has never been easier to stay on top of the world of supply chain trends and news.
- Top 6 robotics blogs for industry news, trends, and insights
- 5 podcast for supply chain and logistics professionals