Video: How To Overcome The Challenges of Data-Driven Digital Marketing
There is a lot marketers can learn from data collection that can be helpful in the buyer’s journey. However, with all this information comes challenges. Here’s how to overcome the challenges of data-driven digital marketing.
- Data is a key component in driving decisions when it comes to digital strategies.
- Try using analytics tools that take into account all of your data activity and tracks it through all of your channels and platforms.
- The key to using data to optimize your marketing efforts is the ability to collect and analyze the data.
I’m Jennifer Yim, the Director of Strategy here at Fronetics, and today we’re going to be talking about how to overcome the challenges of data-driven digital marketing.
Data is a key component in driving decisions when it comes to digital strategies. And there are a lot of things marketers can learn from data collection. Those can be helpful in identifying opportunities along the buyer’s journey. But all this information comes with its own set of challenges.
Here are the three of the biggest challenges of a data-driven strategy and how to overcome them.
1. Finding the right data and KPIs
There is no point in tracking data if it can’t be used to serve a purpose. Digital marketers need to give the data meaning by utilizing the numbers they’re collecting.
Once you finalize a strategy, start tracking the specific data points that contribute to those KPIs. Some of the most important KPIs are website traffic, engagement rates, and conversions. And remember, time is a key factor in analyzing data.
2. Having the right platforms and tools
As a marketer, you need the right tools to determine what’s working and what isn’t. Try using analytics tools that takes in all your data activity and tracks it through all of your channels and platforms. This will give you a full picture of what is happening throughout the buyer’s journey and will also help you make more informed decisions about tweaking your strategies.
3. Bringing it all together
The key to using data to optimize your marketing efforts is the ability to collect and analyze the data. Keep consistency in how you report and organize your results and use this insight to drive your marketing strategy. What’s working? What can you improve? Constantly be working to make your marketing plan to align with your top performing digital marketing efforts.
You can learn more at Fronetics.com.
- 4 Examples of AI for the Supply Chain
- Why Content Marketing Depends on Metrics
- Using Analytics to Align Sales and Marketing Teams